Product Design in the Sustainable Era, a new book published by Taschen, features more than 100 projects by industry leaders including IBM, frog design, IDEO, fuseproject, GE, Electrolux—as well as the work of seven Art Center students, individually featured on double-page spreads!
Congratulations to these students for this recognition of their outstanding work:
- Leslie Evans, Vespera blow dryer
- Daniel Huang, Environ iron (pictured)
- Mark Huang, Vespera cycling helmet
- Sharon Levy, Moietea water/tea kettle
- Magdalena Paluch, Spirit car seat
- John Phillips, Ecodeck skimboard
- Jason Pi, Leena table fan
The work was produced in the Design for Sustainability 2 studio, led by instructors Heidrun Mumper-Drumm and Fridolin Beisert. In addition, project sketches from Huang and Paluch were used as section dividers. Great work, everyone!