How I Made It: Trans Alum Frank Saucedo

The L.A. Times has a nice profile on 1984 Transportation Design alumnus Frank Saucedo, who is director of General Motors Co.’s Advanced Design Studio in North Hollywood.

As director of the studio, 5350 Industrial Concepts, Saucedo oversees a staff of 30 designers, sculptors, analysts and engineers. Since opening, the studio has created several noteworthy projects, most notably the 2001 Chevrolet Borrego and the Pontiac Solstice. (We spoke with Saucedo about his work for a past issue of Outer Circle.)

From the L.A. Times article: “Saucedo didn’t realize auto design was a career option until he visited Art Center College of Design in Pasadena at the urging of his teacher at San Gabriel High School. ‘I walked into the big presentation room in Art Center and these guys were doing full-size drawings of cars, and I said, I want to do that.’

“After high school he took as many classes as he could, day and night, at Pasadena City College, East Los Angeles College and Art Center, while also working at auto parts stores.”

Read more: How I Made It: Frank Saucedo, GM car-design studio chief

Share this:Email this to someoneShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on Tumblr