Today the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) unveiled the winners of the 2011 International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) program—a celebration of design excellence in products, sustainability, interaction design, packaging, strategy, research and concepts.
We’re excited and honored to report that Art Center topped this year’s list of college wins with six student and professional awards. In total, Art Center has won 59 IDEAs since 1991—more than any other school, and in the top 10 of any other institution, corporate or educational.
This year’s winners:
- GOLD: Seth Astle, Cadence Prosthetic and Pedal for Cyclists
- SILVER: German Aguirre, Solista Digital Interface Musical Instrument
- BRONZE: Vinh Pho, FunKtion Portable Skate Helmet
- BRONZE: Koo Ho Shin, Nestr Sustainable Modular Bedding System
- BRONZE: Pengtao Yu, Moen Loft Bathroom Workstation
Design Strategy & Management (professional category)
- BRONZE: Mariana Amatullo, Elisa Ruffino, David Mocarski, Karen Hofmann, Liliana Becerra, Penny Herscovitch, Dan Gottlieb, Safe Agua project
Art Center also had many finalists:
- German Aguirre, Centaur High Performance Quad Rugby Wheelchair
- KC Cho and Jackie Black, SAFE AGUA: ReLava Kitchen Workstation
- Jessica Yeh & Narbeh Dereghishian, SAFE AGUA: Ducha Halo Portable Shower
- Stéphane Angoulvant, Dexter Work Sled
- Joel Greenspan, Oplei Transitional Running Shoe
- Jin Kim, Flameingo Sustainable Fire Extinguisher
- Joey Wang, Lien Sustainable Funerary Ritual for Taiwan
- Mark Huang, Orbital modular sport performance eyewear for POC
- Mike Wang, STACK Traffic Control Products
- Matthew Lim, Sennheiser Eco-Vinyl Turntable
- Pengtao Yu, U-Haul Emergency Response Conversion Kit for the American Red Cross
Congratulations to all the students, faculty, and staff for your hard work and for a job well done! Co.Design has a nice gallery of the winners on their site.