Influential and innovative car designers and aficionados always show up at Art Center’s Car Classic, and this year’s lineup is no exception. Here’s a list of special guests scheduled to appear at Car Classic ’11 on October 23:
- Bruce Canepa – Porsche racer and owner of Canepa Design
- Peter Brock PROD ’56 — Founder of Brock Racing Enterprises and designer of the ’63 Corvette “split window” Sting Ray and the Cobra Daytona Coupe
- Chip Foose TRAN ’90 — President and CEO, Foose Design and member of the Hot Rod Hall of Fame
- Miguel Galluzzi TRAN ’86 – Designer of the Ducati Monster and Vice President of Design, Piaggo
- Dave Kunz — Automotive reporter for KABC-TV Los Angeles
- Jay Leno – Host of NBC’s The Tonight Show and Jay Leno’s Garage
- Barry Meguiar – President/CEO, Meguiar’s, Inc. and host of Car Crazy, as seen on SPEED Channel and heard on syndicated radio
- Bruce Meyer – Car collector and former chairman of Petersen Automotive Museum
- Bruce Meyers – Father of the modern dune buggy
- Chuck Pelly PROD ’58 – Founder, The Design Academy Inc. and BMW Designworks, USA
- Freeman Thomas TRAN ’83 – Director of Strategic Design for Ford Motor Company
This year’s Car Classic will explore the continuing global influence that Southern California has on transportation design. Visit the event’s website for additional information and tickets.
See you next weekend!