Dot magazine: spooky cover edition

dotcoverJust in time for Halloween, the Fall 2018 issue of Dot magazine has landed on campus.

Raised and based in Southern California’s Antelope Valley, photographer and graphic designer Camillo Longo (BFA 12 Photography and Imaging) finds inspiration for his photos everywhere, from sprawling national parks and tattooed motorcyclists to moths whose wings look like paintings. He uses limited light to convey mystery and depth in his images. His “Escape” series pictured on the front and back covers of this issue depicts the fog and trees of the Angeles National Forest, where Longo became lost three years ago during a hike and contemplated his life. “I began seeking closure with myself, revisiting ghosts of my past to make peace,” he says. “I eventually escaped and made it out of the woods safely.”

Pick up a copy of Dot at the front desk of any campus building, in the library or CSE.

Share this:Email this to someoneShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on Tumblr