Posted by Jered Gold on April 16, 2010
Outside Partnerships Committee
Midterm Report, March 15, 2010
Mission Distillation Thus Far
LET EDUCATIONAL VALUES LEAD
1. Overcome Internal Obstacles to Success
a. Shift ACCD’s culture and attitudes, overcome self-made obstacles to partnerships and relationships with other organizations.
b. Enable the community to seek out partnership opportunities.
c. No more Balkan states! Share sponsorships and opportunities across departments.
2. Expand our possibilities for partnerships and relationships:
a. Civic organizations
b. Other educational institutions
c. Other countries
d. Small innovative companies
e. Governmental entities and funding
3. Leverage the richness of our Southern California locale to better position ourselves globally. Don’t take our location for granted.
4. Become a beta site for innovation. Don’t let intellectual property concerns, non-profit limitations and other issues get in the way.
5. Develop new models for generating revenue for ACCD
6. Enhance the ACCD brand