Art Center College of Design won the most awards of any college in the prestigious 2012 International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA®). Design teams are celebrating across campus today as the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) unveiled the winners of the program—a celebration of design excellence in products, sustainability, interaction design, packaging, strategy, research and concepts.
IDSA will reveal the Best in Show, Curator’s Choice, People’s Choice and the Sustainability Award at the IDEA ceremony on Aug. 18 at its 2012 International Conference in Boston.
Students won three Gold, two Silver, and three Bronze awards in the annual competition. Congratulations to all the students, faculty, staff, and administrators who were involved in these projects.
- Mike Kim, Product, DIGIFI: Audionauts project
- Kim Chow, Designmatters, Product, Environmental Design, Balde a Balde: Safe Agua project
- Alex Cabunoc & Ji A You, Designmatters, Product, Environmental Design, GiraDora: Safe Agua Washer and Spin Dryer
- Geoff Ledford, Product, Traverse Ski Patrol Rescue Toboggan
- Leonardo Ochoa, Product, ALLAYANT – A shirt with built-in back support for paramedics
- Derrick Tan, Product, Link Collapsible Recurve Archery Bow and Prosthetic
- Siddharth Vanchinathan, Hugo Giralt Echevarria, Philip Keller, Jan Lienhard, John Badalamenti, Nicholas Fusso and Heather Hoopes, Grad ID, KPCC Growth Strategy
- Andrew Kim, Product, Pal IV Pump System
- James Cha, Product, Syncro – Post-surgical knee rehabilitation device
- Lindsay Nevard, Product, Nutriflex Flexible Infant Nutrition System
- Chelsea Ji Hong Park, Product, Blind Spot laundry kit for the visually impaired
- Joel McDavitt, Product, Airia Rescue Backboard
- Jonas Crister Kristiansson, Grad ID, A Place For My Stuff
- Seth Weissman & Viirj Kan, Designmatters, Product, Environmental Design, Caja Del Tesoro: Safe Agua
- Kim Chow & Carlos Vides, Designmatters, Product, Environmental Design, Soap Buddy: Safe Agua
- Mariana Prieto & Alexandra Yee, Designmatters, Product, Environmental Design, Clean & Smart.