Summertime is traditionally set aside for leisurely activities—poolside lounging, pleasure reading and, at least through June, watching the Stanley Cup Final.
But here at Art Center, our students are as busy as ever. Many students continue their studies through the Summer term, while others, thanks to our dedicated staff in the Office of Career + Professional Development, scatter across the globe working as interns at an impressive array of organizations. It’s amazing, really, when you stop to look at where our students have landed internships:
- Illustration student Adriana Crespo is at design firm IDEO in San Francisco;
- Film student Juliana Rowlands is at director Roman Coppola’s production company The Director’s Bureau in Los Angeles;
- Transportation Design student Harrison Scott Yen is at Chrysler’s Street and Racing Technology division in Michigan;
- Graphic Design student Siyun Oh is at the Museum of Modern Art in New York;
- Transportation Design student Yang Fu is at vehicle manufacturer Renault in France;
- Product Design student Benji Kurada is at Google in Switzerland; and
- Transportation Design student Sean Peterson is at Suzuki Motor Corporation in Japan.
I could go on, but I think you get the picture. These are not your everyday assignments; our students are working with some of today’s most prestigious companies.