Survey of potential building projects
This page inventories the widest possible range of old and new ideas for buildings, remodels, construction for Art Center. The purpose is to put them all in one place to stimulate discussion about how major facilities additions and changes might impact education, and to help with the long term planning process. Most or all of these ideas will never be implemented, and these are not approved or planned projects.
This is not the place to argue about buildings – ACCD has had well enough of that. Instead, this is a place to discuss how education can be positively impacted through the use of major facilities.
This page is currently very preliminary. We will continue to fill it out with more ideas about the educational impacts/needs related to each project
- Remodel/restore entire building
- Replace outmoded major systems such as air-conditioning/heating/energy inefficient windows etc.
- Earthquake retrofit
- Improve space usage and quality of classrooms
- Add solar panels etc. to make building more energy efficient
New hillside campus building
- Raw space/cheap building for student/faculty projects with space for large items such as cars and space mockups
- Learning center building
- Library building
- Build dorms in the parking lot of South Campus
- Purchase building that can be adapted to dorms in between South Campus and the Hillside Campus
Complete additions/changes to South Campus
- Build out media meeting room in Basement
- Fix acoustic problems
- Expand shop
Adapt Power Plant building near South Campus on corner of Glenarm and Fair Oaks
- Possible graduate campus was original idea
Build Parking structure across the street from South Campus
- Make more useful
- Create better programming for it